Richmonder Sophia Kim will be competing in the final round of the Manhattan Experience.
Kim, who works at Saison, is one of six finalists who will compete for the grand prize of “The Master of the Manhattan” and an all-expense paid trip for two to London.
The Manhattan Experience is a cocktail competition that gives mixologists across North America to showcase their skills by creating their own twist on the Manhattan.
Here is the recipe for Sophia’s “Spot on Manhattan.”
- 2 oz. Woodford Reserve Rye
- 1/2 oz. Cynar
- 1/2 oz. Amontillado sherry
- Barspoon Pedro Ximinez sherry
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 drop saline* (Dilute one part salt with 10 parts water)
The final round of the competition will be held at The NoMad in New York at 8 p.m. on Monday, April 23.