Combine crab mac & cheese, fried green tomato sandwiches, bacon wrapped scallops and roller coasters, what do you get?
Kings Dominion’s Taste of Virginia Festival, of course!
The festival will be at the amusement park on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from May 4 through May 20 in the updated Candy Apple Grove section.
By purchasing a tasting card, guests can enjoy these six food items:
- Hanover: Fried green tomato grilled cheese sandwich
- Chesapeake Bay: Crab mac & cheese and cherry crostada
- Tidewater: Applewood smoked trout mousse with pumpernickel toast and sweet potato tart
- Piedmont: Bacon wrapped scallops and sweet grilled watermelon with feta cheese.
- Colonial: Pork belly with fire roasted tomato relish or Smithfield ham & cheese empanada
- Blue Ridge: Hog wings with smoky BBQ sauce and apple bread pudding with caramel drizzle.
Guests ages 21 and older can also get a taste of Virginia’s wine with several local vineyards on hand, or beer from the Center of the Universe Brewing Co.
Click here for more information about the festival.