Mustaches for Kids is an annual mustache-growing fundraiser that is held in cities throughout the United States.
Last year, Mustaches for Kids Richmond raised over $268,000 for local children’s causes through last year’s facial hair-growing campaign.
Their goal is to improve the quality of life for local children through fundraising while having fun growing mustaches.
Here’s how it works, during the four week growing season each mustache growers sprout mustaches, and per the bylaws they shave their faces except for the mustache a minimum of one time per week and solicit donations from friends, family, co-workers, and people in the community.
Donate to a mustache grower HERE!
Checkpoint meetings are held weekly at local watering holes in an effort to ensure compliance with the growing standards and to give Growers an opportunity to evaluate and ridicule each other.
Here is the Mustaches for Kids Richmond 2018 tour schedule:
- 11/01 | 5 p.m. – Vasen Brewing
- 11/7 | 6 p.m. – Final Gravity Brewing Co
- 11/14 | 6 p.m. – Midnight Brewery
- 11/21 | 6 p.m. – Three Notch’d Brewing Compay
- 11/28 | 6 p.m. – The Answer Brew Pub
- 11/30 | 6-9 p.m. – ‘Stache Bash – Triple Crossing Brewery Fulton
Stay up to date on all things 12 About Town!