Grilled lemons take this drink up a notch.
Smoked lemonade: it’s a thing.
We discovered smoked lemonade thanks to Curtis Nations, a pitmaster for Traeger Grills in Missouri. He combines both lemonade and vodka but takes this “party” one step further by grilling the lemons first.
It adds a lightly caramelized flavor to the classic drink.
Trust us, you’ll want to sip on smoked lemonade all summer long.
- 1/2 cup Turbinado sugar
- 16 lemons, halved
- 3 cups simple syrup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Tito’s vodka
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Pre-heat grill to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the lemons into halves.
- Dip the lemon halves (cut-side down) into the sugar.
- Place lemons, cut-side down, directly on the grill grate.
- Remove lemons after 10 minutes, or until lightly charred.
- Juice lemons through a sieve to catch the seeds and pulp.
- Combine the juice with simple syrup and water.
- Stir to combine.
- Add some ice and garnish with lemon.
BONUS: Nations says you can grill strawberries or watermelon the same way to add even more flavor to your lemonade.